The Centre for Excellence in Community Investment: UK conference 2020
Discover the future of community investment.
Last year, over 200 community investment professionals from around the UK attended our first conference in Birmingham, which championed and celebrated the impact of community investment as a core part of social housing.
This year, the conference will be in Cardiff, and will be looking at the future of community investment.
We’ll be debating the role of social housing organisations as community wealth builders and community anchors, and the role they play over the long term.
We’ll be discussing a range of approaches to community investment, including how to influence internal decision makers, how to integrate community investment within the development cycle, and how to make community investment work for your organisation, regardless of size.
We’ll be running workshops looking at a range of themes, including:
- Community investment initiatives that deliver health and wellbeing
- The future of digital innovation in community investment
- Pioneering employment and training initiatives
- The future of resident involvement and community investment
- How to measure the impact of your community investment work
- The future of community networks, including links with local faith groups and other community actors
- How sport initiatives can deliver your core social purpose
Throughout the day we’ll be sharing ideas, insights and learning about how community investment can be positioned at the core of social housing’s social purpose.
And we’ll also be celebrating HACT’s 60th birthday, highlighting the range of initiatives and projects that have shaped the social purpose of social housing over the last 60 years.
NB - for those delegates who want to stay overnight in Cardiff before the conference, we have negotiated a discounted room rate at the Radisson Blu Hotel. Details about the discount code will be included on the email confirmation you receive on booking your tickets for the conference. Please note that this discount code is only valid on bookings made before 14 April.