Centre update #1
Within communities, organisations are focusing on how they can best support local people during what will be extraordinarily challenging times. Here are potential areas of support for community investment professionals.
Please share any ideas, initiatives or suggestions you might have in our forum.
- Five things you can do to make a positive difference in your community: Community Action Response;
- A list of mutual aid groups and other community responses to COVID-19 across the UK: Covid-19 Mutual Aid Groups;
- Resources to support people experiencing homelessness during the current Covid-19: Groundswell resources for supporting people experiencing homelessness;
- The International Association for Community Development has posted a message to its members, containing guidance for community responses to COVID-19 from a community development perspective: IACD’s message to members;
- Some of the issues faced by the voluntary and community sector in the wake of Covid-19;
- The Good Things Foundation site Learn my Way has some online resources, from the basics of using a device to managing money online;
- For those looking to use online video conferencing, both Zoom and Microsoft Teams have been made free for organisations for the time being.